There are many factors in building resilience. At the Happiness School we have created a number of courses to help individuals and companies (re)build their resilience.
Developing resilience is a personal journey. People do not all react the same to traumatic and stressful life events. An approach to building resilience that works for one person might not work for another. People use varying strategies. We work to give you a number of strategies to chose from and help you to find the way to make them work for you in your busy life.
Focusing on past experiences and sources of personal strength can help you learn about what strategies for building resilience might work for you. By exploring answers to the following questions about yourself and your reactions to challenging life events, you may discover how you can respond effectively to difficult situations in your life.
Consider the following:
- What kinds of events have been most stressful for me?
- How have those events typically affected me?
- Have I found it helpful to think of important people in my life when I am distressed?
- To whom have I reached out for support in working through a traumatic or stressful experience?
- What have I learned about myself and my interactions with others during difficult times?
- Has it been helpful for me to assist someone else going through a similar experience?
- Have I been able to overcome obstacles, and if so, how?
- What has helped make me feel more hopeful about the future?
We would love to talk to you about how you might improve your resilience personally and professionally so that you too can see the benefit. Our flexible programmes can be tailored to suit all time frames and team size. PM for more details.