Hello there, today I wanted to talk a little bit about giving. Some people say that there is no such thing as a truly altruistic act and to a certain degree I agree with this. There is always a pleasure innate in giving something away. I have always found that I get a great deal more in return.
For me as I am sure many of you the ability to give money at the moment is difficult and so I would ask you to look at other ways to give.
- Time is the most valuable resource that you have and so giving a little of your time to a friend / family member or charity in need can be the most generous thing you can do.
- Call that person who you know may not have many callers.
- Be the one in your group to arrange the online meetup / party.
- Share links to positive content on social media channels for those who might need it.
- Share tips and hints on dealing with the current situation (from reputable sources – I am currently using the A Lust For Life website… “Finding this crisis challenging for your mental health? You’re not alone – thousands of others are also struggling. A Lust for Life have created some resources to help, take a look here.”
- For those who can afford to perhaps donate the price of a cup of coffee to a charity. Again I am giving back to A Lust For life for their amazing content. The address is https://www.alustforlife.com/amplify-our-voice
I hope that you are staying safe and well during this difficult time and that we will all meet up in a course or retreat very soon.